Feedees are people who gain pleasure while eating or by feeding somebody else. According to feedees, a person is more beautiful and attractive when having many extra pounds. There is no problem in the fact that some people may enjoy being fat or may be more attracted to overweight people. Still, both feedees and feeders should know that there are numerous health risks of being overweight or obese. In this article you will be able to find out which are the main such risks.
What being overweight means?
An individual is considered to be overweight when he eats more calories than what his body burns, calories that are stored on his body as fat. Even though a couple of extra pounds in body fat is not considered to be a risk for individuals, it is important to know that when more and more fat is built up on your body, numerous health issues can be experienced.
Below you can find a list of the main health problems that can be linked to obesity.
1. Blount disease is a condition caused by excess fat. When this disease is developed the excess weight can actually lead to bone deformity of the lower legs. It is most commonly connected with growing bones, being mostly found on children suffering from obesity, but adults can be affected by this disease, as well.
2. Arthritis can easily be developed due to the excess fat that is carried by individuals diagnosed with obesity. It can cause painful joint problems.
3. Asthma is another disease common in overweight people. Obesity is commonly associated with breathing problems, making it hard for people to walk or exercise. In the most severe cases, patients can find it hard to get up of bed or even move.
4. High blood pressure is very common in overweight people. The disease is developed when the heart and arteries do not work as they should. When blood pressure is high, the heart must pump harder.
5. High cholesterol can increase the risk of heart attack and stroke, being an extremely serious condition that is quite common among people suffering from obesity.
6. Heart disease and stroke are more likely to affect overweight people, too. The unfortunate reality is that being overweight can also have an important contribution to angina development. This leads to sudden death from heart disease, in some cases with no signs or symptoms.
7. Diabetes is very common among overweight people, too. Diabetes can actually be a cause of death, heart disease, kidney disease, but also stoke and blindness. Statistics indicate that overweight people are at an increased risks of developing diabetes.
Even though all the aforementioned diseases are serious conditions, it is important to know that they are not the only diseases which can be developed due to obesity. There are many other conditions that could be listed here. One of them is cancer. It is a well known fact that various types of cancer are associated with being overweight. They include uterus, cervix, ovary, breast and colon cancer in women, and colon, rectum and prostate cancer, in men. Sleep apnea is another serious condition associated with being overweight. This disease causes a person to stop breathing for short periods of time while sleeping.
Now that you know all health risks of being obese, you can make a better choice when it comes to adopting this lifestyle or not. After all, you may even risk your life.